Launchpad's 64 pads integrate immediately with Ableton Live. They're also lit by RGB LEDS, which match the colour of your clips - so you can see at a glance what clips are loaded, playing or recording.
As well as using your pads to launch clips and create entire songs, you can also use them to control your mixer: start and stop loops, arm tracks, and control volumes, pans and sends.
Control Your Music Software
Launchpad integrates immediately and seamlessly with Ableton Live, without any setup whatsoever. Just plug in and start making music.
Throw It in Your Bag
Launchpad is totally portable: lightweight, easy to pack and carry around, and fully USB bus powered - so there's no need for power sockets. You can also combine it with more Launchpads or other Launch products to build yourself a fully hands-on Ableton Live studio. Just add Launch Control, Launch Control XL or Launchkey.
Make Music Straight Away
Complete with Ableton Live Lite, 4GB of royalty-free Loopmasters samples and the Novation Bass Station and V Station VST and AU plug-in synthesisers, Launchpad comes with everything you need to start making great music.
Helping you find your new sound
Music making is all about the journey, and we’re always looking for new ways to inspire you along the way. That’s why we’ve created the Sound Collective. Receive free versions of the most innovative software instruments and creative FX from developers we admire, as well as discounts to help you make the most of third-party software, exclusive to Novation customers. All you have to do is register your Novation gear, and one offer will be featured in your Novation account every couple of months.
Now expanded from 1GB to a whopping 4GB, the Loopmasters sample library included with every Novation Product is packed with professional quality, royalty-free loops and one-shots.
Encompassing all contemporary genres – from blues, funk and hip-hop to bass, techno and all flavours of house – and taking in a huge range of electronic and acoustic instrumentation, it’s everything you need to start making music today!
Get Hands-On Control
Launch multiple clips at once, trigger scenes and navigate your Ableton Live session.
Control Ableton Live
Integrate immediately and seamlessly with Ableton Live, without any setup whatsoever. Just plug in and start making music.
Focus On Your Music
All 64 RGB pads light up to match the colour of your clips in Ableton Live and you can see at a glance what’s loaded, playing and recording
Play Drum Racks
Use the grid to play drums and samples with pads pre-mapped to Ableton Live's drum rack.
Mix From Your Grid
Start and stop loops, arm tracks, and control volumes, pans and sends. The eight vertical rows of pads double up as stepped faders.
Create Eye-Catching Performances
Bright, colourful pads make the unit stand out just from USB power; on stage or when creating exciting Launchpad light show videos that are all over YouTube.
Throw It in Your Bag
Sleek, tough and lightweight, Launchpad is fully USB bus powered so you’ll never need to carry a power supply.
Build Your Own Creations
Use your Launchpad however you like with Max for Live. Turn it into a step sequencer, trigger videos from drum pads or use it to create just about anything you can imagine.
Build your perfect instrument
Combine more Launchpads or other Launch products to build yourself a fully hands-on Ableton Live studio, with Launch Control, Launch Control XL or Launchkey.
Make Music Straight Away
Comes with Ableton Live Lite, 4GB of royalty-free Loopmasters samples, Novation V Station and Bass Station VST and AU plug-ins.
What's in the Box?
- Orange USB cable
- Printed Getting Started Guide
- Ableton Live Lite registration card
- English and French safety information sheet
- Ableton Live Lite music making software
- 4 GB of Loopmasters sounds and samples
- Novation Bass Station VST and AU plug-in synthesiser
- Novation V Station VST and AU plug-in synthesiser
- Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks
- Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7
- iOS - Camera Connection Kit or Lightning to USB Camera Adapter required (not included). Powered USB hub required for use with iOS devices (not included)
Launchpad is class compliant, so will work on any modern Mac, Windows or Linux PC.
Need something with a bit more umph?
The ultimate professional grid controller for software and hardware control
64 velocity and pressure sensitive “Daylight Bright” pads with full RGB feedback let you navigate instantly around your set-up
All new note, drum, and fader modes allow you to take total control over all your software and hardware instruments
Comprehensive Ableton Live control with functions such as record, quantise, duplicate and undo directly from the Launchpad Pro
External MIDI input and output to control all MIDI based equipment, the worlds first truly stand alone grid controller
Launchpad Tech Spec
Product Hardware Specifications
- 64 (8x8 grid) square RGB backlit buttons
- 8 round RGB backlit system buttons (assignable)
- 8 round RGB backlit function buttons (not assignable)
- Orange rubber base mat
- USB socket
- Ableton Live Lite 9 is included
- If you already have Ableton Live it must be version 9.2 or greater to work with Launchpad. We recommend that you update to the latest version as previous versions of Ableton Live do not include the Launchpad integration.
- Fully USB bus powered on Mac or PC. Powered USB hub and camera connection kit or USB camera adapter (not included) required for use with iOS devices
- 240mm (9.45”) width x 240mm (9.45”) depth x 25mm (0.98”) height
- Weight: 800g