Just try and muzzle it
Featuring three types of analogue distortion effects, a really nasty ring modulator, a chunky sub-oscillator and step automation for all 53 parameters, Circuit Mono Station sounds bloody disgusting. It’s an instrument that can be used as an experimental, polyrhythmic sound design tool – set apart with Bass Station II’s synth engine, reworked into a paraphonic form. Sequences can benefit from longer LFOs staying in sync across several notes, perfect for making widely evolving musical phrases.
Circuit Mono Station is a unique, powerful and rather loveable little beast that embodies the fusion of old and new technologies that is making synth hardware so exciting right now
Novation have done it again... Simple to get into, but complex enough to take your sound to the next level... It can be nasty and aggressive when it wants to be, as well as lush-sounding.
Circuit Mono Station doesn’t just make putting patterns and tunes together easily, it positively encourages each and every one of them to be a moving, lively, shifting beast… Never have patterns and sounds had so much vibrancy
Impressive CV with lots of sequencing experience
Having the same workflow as the Circuit sequencer and synth, Circuit Mono Station really is the potty-mouthed child of Novation. The Mod Seq, Swing Sync and a Mutate function are useful for happy accidents, and the AUX CV output can send complex modulation signals to the outside world. You can programme notes into the Mod Seq page to independently control your modular and CV gear with pitch and gate control via the CV/GATE output.
It’ll say anything to anyone
With USB MIDI, MIDI IN/OUT/THRU, CV and GATE connectors, Circuit Mono Station can get in the face of every piece of gear in its space.
Thanks to the tweakability it can be mangled to do anything from sharp hits to beats and of course those legendary fat basses.
Beyond it sounding great, I’ve never seen so much sequencing power…
Sonically it’s impressive... the deep, multi-channel sequencer, flexible mod matrix and automation all add up to a workflow and creative experience unlike anything else on the market, combining the best of digital flexibility with a classic analogue synth design.
Hungry for more
The recent Circuit Mono Station v1.2 upgrade comes biting at the heels of the v1.1 update, and it establishes an all-new sequencing structure optimised for unique sonic creativity and modular gear. Circuit Mono Station continually evolves, never leaving you hungry for more.
Individually control oscillators
Two oscillators with individual control of sync and tuning parameters.
Get the frequency band you want
High-pass, low-pass and band-pass filters with slopes of 12dB and 24dB.
Three distortion modes
Classic Bass Station, new fuzz or a mixture of both.
Monophonic and paraphonic
Monophonic and paraphonic modes with individual glide control.
Adaptable modulation system
Four-by-eight modulation matrix that enables complex alteration and routing. The Circuit Mono Station LFOs allow you to decouple synced LFOs from key sync, perfect for making widely evolving musical phrases.
Patches at your fingertips
Load and save up to 64 patches on the device.
Three sequencer tracks
Two oscillator sequencers and one modulation sequencer. Hit Shift + Sessions to send either Osc 1, Osc 2 or the Mod Seq to the CV/GATE output.
Connect to hardware and software
CV, Gate and modulation outputs for controlling separate hardware. Connect and sync to your music software and MIDI-compatible hardware. Modulate, evolve and process your source through the audio input.
Store unlimited sounds
Backup patches and sessions with Components. Learn more about Components here.
…a solid control hub for a larger analog setup… one of the most user-friendly sequencers ever designed.
Lots of modulation possibilities with the sequencer make for complex sound shaping, and great for external synth CV control…
It's synth has some very interesting features I wouldn’t necessarily expect from a compact mono synth.
Product Hardware Specifications
Product Hardware Specifications
- 32 RGB backlit velocity sensitive button grid
- 18 RGB backlit function buttons
- 8 Pots including dedicated filter and volume pots
- 2 Encoders for tempo and modulation path depth
- 6 RGB backlit mini pots for mixer section
- 4 35mm sliders for envelope ADSR control
- 16 Tact switches
- 27 Orange LEDs for functional selection
- 19 RGB indicator LEDs
- 2 1/4” jack sockets for line out and audio input
- 3 3.5mm jack sockets for MIDI in, out and thru (MIDI din break-out cables included)
- 2 3.5mm jack sockets for analogue clock in and out
- 3 3.5mm jack sockets for CV, gate and aux CV output
- USB socket for system / MIDI comms only (no bus-power)
- Configurable MIDI channels
- Front-mounted 3.5mm jack socket for headphones
- Rubberised knob caps
- Rotary controls secured to the chassis with metal nuts
- Power supply connector
- Power switch
- Kensington Security Slot
- Paraphonic - dual osc, single amp with separate control of each oscillator's pitch
- 64 Synth patches
- 2 Oscillators + sub osc (follows the pitch of osc 1)
- Noise generator
- Coarse and fine tune per osc
- Waveform octave depth 16’, 8’, 4’ or 2’
- Ring mod between osc 1 and 2
Oscillator waveforms include:
- Sine, triangle, sawtooth, square / variable pulse width
- 1 ADSR Envelope (Attack/Decay/Sustain/Release)
- Routable via the modulation matrix
- Single LFO with rate
- Sync mode
- Sine, triangle, sawtooth, square / variable pulse width, sample and hold
- State variable OTA filter
- 12/24dB slope
- Low-pass / band-pass / high-pass
- Pre-filter overdrive
- Frequency and resonance controls
- 4x8 Modulation matrix
- All modulation routes available at all times with depth control for each route
Mod sources (4)
- Modulation sequence
- Pad velocity
Mod destinations (8)
- Osc 1 pitch
- Osc 2 pitch
- Osc 1 PWM
- Osc 2 PWM
- Filter cut-off
- Distortion level
- Aux CV outpu
- Osc 1 level
- Osc 2 level
- Sub Osc level
- Noise generator level
- Ring modulation depth
- Audio In (with gain control)
- 3 types of analogue distortion: 1, 2 and 3 (combination of 1 & 2)
- 32 Sessions
- 2 Tracks per session + 1 track modulation sequence
- 16 Patterns for osc 1, 8 patterns for osc 2 and mod sequence
- 16 Demo sessions
- Real time record (notes, with velocity and automation)
- Auto-quantise notes to steps and automation to 6 events per step
- Sequencer resolution 24 PPQN
- 51 Automation parameters
- All knob and slider movements can be recorded (excluding volume)
- All modulation route depths can be automated
- Tempo range 40 - 240 BPM
- Swing 20 - 80%
- Glide amount configurable per step
- 8 Pattern sync rates (incl. triplet rates)
- Pattern direction setting including ping-pong and random
- Pattern mutate
- 8 Global swing sync rates (incl. triplet rates)
Real Time Performance
- Full range velocity scanning and record. Editable to 16 levels
- 16 Scale types and chromatic transposition
- Synth expand view doubles playable area
- Dual view for playing osc 1 and osc 2 simultaneously and independently
- Paraphonic mode option switch to select how the amp envelope triggers
- Configurable pattern start and end points
- Configurable pattern chain
- Instant and queued Session switching
- Instant and queued Pattern switching
- Velocity and gate per step
- Fractional gate lengths (each step divisible by 6)
- Automation edit per step
- Clear step, automation parameter per pattern, pattern, session
- Duplicate step, pattern
- Ableton Live Lite 9 is included
- Circuit Mono Station is a USB-MIDI class compliant device
- Maximum power consumption 12V DC 1A
- Maximum power consumption 12V DC 1A